View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 04:02 PM   #14
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Hi Glenn, I have passed that fine looking park near West Memphis several times, but it has never worked out to be the time of day for us to stay there. But someday I would like to do so.

We just came through Memphis on Sunday. In fact we stayed on the other side of the city in the Memphis East Campground. We thought it was very nice. Only problem was we could not get some badly needed propane because they keep office hours: Monday through Friday only 8 to 5.

If it works out for you, I would recommend "The Old Country Store" in Jackson, TN. We ate in the newly opened "Take Out" section and found the food to be excellent. The manager there visited with us and made us feel welcome. There is convenient and ample RV parking, and the Casey Jones home and museum are a part of the operation.

I don't know whether you would be going through Crossville, TN, but if you do you should know that Glenn and Karin Butler are working at the Bean Pot Campground there. They are members of the forum and treated us with great hospitality.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote