View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 12:16 AM   #9
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

I have a local place that does a lot of my vehicle work. They know me well and that is important for a trusting relationship. I have them do a lot of things on our vehicles but when it comes to the diesel engine I take it to the Ford dealership because of what one of their employees said just prior to the purchase of my F-350.

The one employee is adamantly against the 6.0. I was told by him that if I purchased it that I might as well get a loan for 20-30 K$ for what it was. He told me that they get vehicles in there all the time with those engines in them (buses etc..). He was blatantly putting the engine down and complaining about how difficult they were to work on. I decided right then and there that it must be a good engine if they were in so many vehicles; buses, transit vehicles ambulances, etc... His negative attitude is what sold me on getting it. I just decided then and there that the maintenance would be done at the Ford garage and not by him; whose employees are specifically trained for working on them. I’ve had it for a few years now and I believe that overall it has paid off. I still give my business to the local garage but only for things such as brakes, smaller things and possibly some motor work when it comes to a gas engine. I’ve talked with the owners about him and they defended that he was in fact a good mechanic but very mouthy. They have lost a lot of business over the past few years from me just because of his attitude. Overall I trust what they do and I have never been burnt or feel like I’ve been taken for a ride. They try to run an honest business and that is why I still go there.