View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 11:20 AM   #11
stimpy123
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8267
Send a message via Yahoo to stimpy123
Steve, I've just raised the blinds as high as they will go and then placed the plastic security tape along the window frame, after giving them a thorough cleaning. I know that the tape isn't along the top of the frame, and was worried, as you are about the security of taking the valances and blinds down. The screws only go into the wall board. I've already had to install screw anchors into the wall board where the bracket to keep the drapes has come loose. The largest of the windows are now complete, and already see a little improvement. I'm going to tackle the others a few a day as time permits. I know that the top of the plastic isn't secured, but it is high enough that I feel the blinds kind of block the flow of air into the living area. I'll post the results in a later post. I'm kind of dissapointed with the window design. I don't know if anyone that reads these postings has any experience with the double glass windows that I saw were an option. I purchased our rig off the lot, so didn't pay extra nor get that option. I know that any seal is better than none at all. I am going to try to go to the factory to give them a few suggestions. Such as: more insulation under the slide floors and double seals where the slides engage the floor/walls of the rig. Also, more insulation in the walls, especially behind the cabinets. Just open one and you'll feel the cold air. Best wishes for a great holiday season, Steve and Sherry
stimpy123 is offline   Reply With Quote