View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 03:26 PM   #1
jadinolfi

M.O.C. #10275
Wiring Setup in 2000 3555RL

Has anyone had this problem before? We purchased a 2000 Montana 3555 in September. It had a 50 amp cord and plug on it. The unit had a W/D hookup, single A/C and electric/propane water heater. We had a 1500w ceramic heater to help in colder weather and wired it with the microwave circuit. Only could use one or the other. No Problem! With propane going out of sight we had a Duo-Therm 15000btu heat pump installed. Trouble started with the breakers blowing. Checked out and found a 30A main, 20A piggy back, and 2 double 15A breakers. This came through a 45 Amp converter. In the rear by the 50A cord plug was a double pole 30A breaker. Decided to change the converter to a 60A with 18 12V circuits. When I took off the rear breaker it was connected to a 10-3 and a 10-2 romex. I did research and found the 50A service needed 6ga wire so I installed new 6ga copper stranded wire to the front converter panel complete with 8ga ground. Now I feed the panel with 2 120v hot wires, 1 6 ga neutral and 1 8ga ground wire. This is what I feel should have been done to start. After getting the new wires hooked up I never did find the 10-3 wire anywhere in the wiring up front. I still do not know what they did with it. Everything works, all the plugs and circuits have proper voltage and it is a mystery to me.
Has anyone else had this problem?
jadinolfi is offline   Reply With Quote