View Single Post
Old 06-03-2020, 10:47 AM   #27
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSFORD99 View Post
I think more brands are going the way of spray, and wipe dry wax. That's the same method as the Wash/Wax All. Paying what $ 13 a pint, or $104 per gallon for Turtle Wax Hybrid ?? For the time being I'm sticking to the Wash/Wax All at $27 per gallon. I am thinking from the results I have seen so far on our car, its the stuff for me. It took 4-5 ounces to do our Ford Escape.

Lets get back on these spray ,and wipes in a few months ,and see how they are doing. I am curious how long they last, not what they claim, what they actually do. I have no idea how well they do. I do know the stuff I used put on as good a shine as any wax I have used .
Wash/Wax All is not a base coat wax, it was designed more as a dry wash product and a very temporary shine mechanism, as it gained popularity with the show car industry for a quick temporary shine. The wax element is just a short term maintainer it has little protective qualities. It is designed to be used on top of a Sealer to maintain and help it last longer. I use it on my Wrangler and Tesla 1-2 times a week however both have Nano Technology Ceramic coatings.

Also the others that are discussing these Ceramic Spray on coatings must realize that is a marketing red herring. The Ceramic properties of the spray on products has little ceramic protection. The liquified ceramic sealers require re-application more than once per year whereas Nano technology Ceramic will last years in most cases before reapplication is needed.

The other thing is if you do not start with a good clean base nothing you apply will last very long. If you have not claybar'ed your RV first you are missing the most important step, that should be done at a minimum every two years. Clay Bar will remove all the impurities on the surface and in the pores then providing a clean base for the sealers to adhere. Otherwise you are just sealing in the dirt and oxidation. which will undermine your sealer/waxing efforts.
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote