View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 07:18 AM   #1
navybanker
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10884
Door Lock Recall Problem

Got the replacement cylinders keys for the entry door and called to inquire about the locks on the basement storage doors which on my rig are the same as the deadbolt on the entry door. The deadbolt on the entry door is the one that could lock someone inside. I asked if just using the red deadbolt latch from the inside might jam the deadbolt thus locking you in and she said yes that is possible. I also told Fastec the existing top key for the entry door has global link on it and she said that is not their lock or key. The instructions state replace both cylinders on the entry door which includes the cylinder with the key with global link on it and the deadbolt (FIC). Both the two replacement keys are labeled FIC and they wanted the two existing/old keys returned. So asked about the storage compartment locks and they agreed for me to keep the existing FIC keys. I said not happy with having more keys and all coded FIC so you can't tell which is the entry door deadbolt or the storage compartment key. Now, I know the FIC key is the deadbolt and the storage compartment key. Anyone else having similar problems? I am looking into replacing all locks and hopefully not made by Fastec!

2017 Montana 3611
2012 Chevy 2500
navybanker is offline   Reply With Quote