View Single Post
Old 10-21-2020, 06:09 PM   #1
astrungis
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13151
Trailers, trailers, trailers everywhere!?

Fellow Montana Owners,
Just want to know how your 2020 went with traveling and finding a spot to rest a night or two. I hear conflicting accounts of others I know that said it was really tough finding campgrounds that offered overnight spots. I know from 2019, that we had a tough time finding spots for later in the day when we started out in the morning. 2018 was much easier to find spots on the fly.

A disturbing statistic was that Indiana and other manufacturers are pumping out over 420,000 new units this year (+ 4.5% over 2019). Then throw COVID and work campers on top of it, where the heck are you going to go? I talked to some CG owners and they claim between people losing their homes to economics or floods, earthquakes, fires and hurricanes, everyone is thinking a trailer is the way to go. As a matter of fact, I understand some big pipeline companies or others that need temporary workers, will pay for every spot in a campground for an entire year for their workers.

So the idea of a million campers out there looking for less and less spots, where are we headed? Permanent spots? Way off the beaten tracks CG's. Walmart? Boondocking? Friends and family with a long driveway?
astrungis is offline   Reply With Quote