View Single Post
Old 10-14-2017, 07:22 AM   #26
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_banning View Post
I had a brand new 2013 2500 HD GMC with the gas 6.0... worst mistake I ever made. I test drove it, felt ok for power, babied it first 1000 miles then hooked up 22' ski boat, headed for lake, thought I was going to blow engine pulling hills on way to lake. All power is at the high RPM, always shifting, always sounds like it was going to blow pulling hills. Traded it with 4000 miles on it... absolutely hated it. Others talk about how much they like it. I traded for a Ford F150 6 cyl Eco Boost Max Tow... would tow circles around the GMC. I pulled a 26 foot camper with a 18' bass-boat behind it all over mountains in Tennessee and never missed a lick. All power made at 2800 RPM's, could not be beat.
I totally agree the Ecoboost engines are awesome. I have a 2015 2.7 that will, according to Car and Driver out run the 67 GTO I had back in the day. It gets almost 21 MPG, hand calculated. If Ford ever built larger BE Super Duty. I'd be first in line to get one. Say about a 6 L. If the power per liter remained the same it would produce over 800 foot pounds and over 700 HP with over 90% at 2000
RPMs all the way up to over 5000 RPMs. Ford is not going to build one because after driving the EB no one would buy a Diesel.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote