View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 04:34 AM   #6
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
VA assistance has changed over the years with one change being how Priority 8 veterans apply and receive benefits. It is the category of vets with no service related injuries, etc. I am a Vietnam veteran in category 8 who came home whole. To be considered for such benefits as prescriptions, VA forms must be completed and evaluated that include my income or other means of monies. It's fair. No matter what the lady says right or wrong does not negate this requirement. She owes an apology for being unprofessional. Many such VA reps are volunteers and certainly not all. The VA does not just take care of combat members and entitlements are spelled out. I served my country and personally don't consider my service any less or more than doing duty in Germany during the Viet war. Benefits cover all who served based on current procedures or requirements.

The Veterans Admin is a great service with its problems but still great.

I've been in VA hospital wards where many Vets remain today. They are the ones and many of you with VA qualified disabilites that deserve all you can receive...not this Priority 8 Vet! I salute you.
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote