View Single Post
Old 01-01-2021, 01:20 PM   #10
sourdough
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26010
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohrmann View Post
I've changed my post you quoted, and this may be the answer to the 100 psi question.

Thanks, and I had seen that from etrailer. My assumption was that the 30psi across the 60" span (or however it was phrased) was the max allowed from the off side tank to the other side. If the regulator is only capable of limiting the output to 30psi at 100psi, what does it do at 200psi...60? Looking at the chart for the 630 it appears that way but it is certainly not definitive.

I'll have to look back but I'm sure there is some sort of regulation dictating the max of 30psi for safety reasons. I know I read of some that have disregarded that and just removed the high pressure regulator and let the auto change regulator handle it.

Here's why the off side high pressure regulator is limited to 30psi max:

"If the hose is 60 inches or longer, a step-down single-stage regulator is required with a pressure rating of no more than 30 psi. With a long hose under full pressure, it is possible for the vapor to condense into liquid. This liquid could accumulate in the lowest point of the hose and cause a drop in pressure. Lower pressure from the step-down regulator prevents condensation from occurring."

I know it's a bit in the weeds but my concern is the lack of info/spec on the inlet pressure, which is what apparently is driving my noises on these. At some point there IS a max pressure that the regulator will fail. Marshall gives you the max input for their units and apparently whether it's 100 or 200 the output is still 30psi as it's supposed to be. I won't belabor the point any further but I'm replacing mine. If it hadn't been carrying on and having to look into a replacement, I'd be sitting here without a worry. I appreciate your input.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote