View Single Post
Old 01-01-2021, 12:00 PM   #8
sourdough
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26010
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohrmann View Post
I'm beginning to think the red regulator is a dual stage regulator that drops the inlet pressure to 100 psi in the first stage and then to 30 psi at the outlet in the second stage. It would be nice if they described the specs a little better, but they know it will be used on the pressures developed in a propane cylinder, so it must be designed to work at those pressures.

Yes, the documentation is lacking in additional info but is specific in what it does provide. On their website Fairview lists their dual stage regulators but the GR-630B is not listed as one. From the descriptions I've read it takes incoming pressure and reduces it to 30psi to send to the auto changeover regulator. My Fairview high pressure regulator is stamped Model GR-630B. On the website description of this particular high pressure regulator it states it is to be used on "gas grills, smokers and fish cookers" - that's it. Others do specify RV usage so ??

Not sure what's going on with it or why, but I do know I've read enough to know something is fishy. I'm not going to assume Keystone knew what they were doing as that could be fatal The Marshalls are on their way (pun). Just want folks to be aware so they can make their own choices.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote