View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 03:27 PM   #1
rconkin
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #12463
First Montana / Mountaineer 346LBQ

We ordered a new 5er today and can't wait for it to get here. I'm Ray (47) and my wife is Karen (48). We live in Jonesborough, TN. We have 4 grown children between the two of us that are 30, 23, 22, and 21. My son (21) is the only one still at home. We are on round 2 since we are raising two grandkids (8 and 6) and have had custody of them for 5 years. We have 5 grandkids total. We have been married 6 years and camping together for 5 years. We are on our 4th 5er and 3rd truck as we got the bug pretty hard. Let's just say I'm not allowed to take the camper in for service anymore as the last time a brake adjustment/wheel bearing service turned into our 3rd 5er. I camped with my parents growing up and Karen did some tent camping in her earlier years. We camp a lot at Eastman Campground in Kingsport and try to get to Tybee Island once a year. We also like to go to Hot Springs, NC and Bear Den in Spruce Pine. Our anniversary trip every year is to Hot Springs. What more could a guy ask for than a wife that wanted to camp for her anniversary. We are really pretty boring as we love just hanging out at home or camping. We got reacquainted on Match.com, but, that's a story for a campfire one night. Looking forward to meeting some new friends.
rconkin is offline   Reply With Quote