Old 05-21-2009, 07:08 AM   #4
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by BB_TX

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ols1932

....though there are others who will tell you to pump until you see the old grease coming out. In my opinion, that's asking for trouble.
Orv
Obviously aimed at me. But given the choice of following the manufacturer's instructions or someone's opinion, I will follow the manufacturer's instructions.
I agree with the 12,000 miles or 12 months though.
BB TX, No, I didn't obviously aim it at you because there are many out there who have said the same thing you did (as I go back and re-read what you said). I just wanted to express my experience with the self-greasers and providing the caution that Dexter Representative who happened to be at MOR/ryde cautioned me with. When I had MOR/ryde's Individual Suspension axles installed in 2003, I asked about the E-Z Lube addition. Both MOR/ryde and the Dexter Rep. cautioned me again and BOTH recommended against having them installed. When I asked them why they were on the Montanas, their reply, in unison was, "Because you will buy them."

Please don't take offense with my post. No offense was meant. I try to be as straight forward as possible with my posts and post only from what I know and from my experience.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote