View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 11:51 AM   #1
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Mission Tire Failure Damages Rig

After all the negative things we had heard about the Mission tires, we had decided to replace them sometime this spring before we head to Alaska this summer. BIG MISTAKE - we waited too long.

On our way from Organ Pipe Cactus National Park (which, by the way, we thought was lovely), one of the mission tires self distructed. The good news is that it "only" lost the tread and I was able to stop our Big Sky before the tire blew. The bad news is that the tread rubber managed to bang the heck out of all the sheet metal in the vacinity as well as wacking the gel goat above it.

We are still within our OEM warranty and my question is whether we can get Keystone to repair the damage under the warranty or whether I have to contact TireCo and try to have them fix the Big Sky as well as pay for the tire, under the tire warranty. I sure hope the answer is that I can work with Keystone after all the stories I've heard about how difficult it is to get satisfaction from TireCo.

At least we now have the answer to what we're going to be doing with our "spare time" over the next several weeks. One thing that is going to happen almost immediately is that the mission tires are coming off the rig as soon as I can figure out what replacement tire I can find here in Tucson.

We are now back on the road again after waiting 4 1/2 hours for Good
Sam to get road service to us even though we were only 10 miles from Tucson when disaster hit. But I'll address that in a subsequent thread.

We join the legions on the forum who are running away from the missions as fast as possible.
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote