View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 09:13 AM   #1
chieflawdawg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6935
2011 August Mid-Atlantic Regional Rally

Alright everybody, I have basic informtion for our 2011 Mid-Atlantic Region Rally. I tried everywhere in the NC Piedmont-Charlotte area to get a campground that would be big enough and work with us. Sorry but couldn't make it work. So Tom Johnson's Rally Park in Marion, NC has agreed to host our rally from August 10-14, 2011. They will give us as many sites as we need at $24.00 per night. That's right, $24.00 per night!!! Plus they will allow us to use the Pavillion for FREE! If you go to their site, http://www.tomjohnsoncamping.com/Pag...rk-Layout.aspx, look under 'Camping' and then Rally Park Layout in Marion, we will be in the P & R areas and he said we could use the sites as pull-thru instead of back-ins. They are also allowing the reservations to go through me instead of calling them and putting deposits down. You will pay when you get there. I will just need to know the number of sites and a name to go with them.

Now the only bad news. Tom Johnson's is not a Montana dealer so if Montana wants to bring in a model for us to look at (like they did last year) they would have to pay a vendor's fee for the day. He told me that this is what they do for all groups that use the park. I hope this doesn't cause many concerns as they would really love to have us there and are giving us a great rate and perks. Please let me know if there are any real concerns before I sign the contract next Monday. I told them that I wanted to hear from our group before I finalized everything. We can also plan day trips to Biltmore House, Mt. Mitchell, Lake Lure or other popular sites here in the Great Smokey Mountains. Just let me know what y'all want to do. Look forward to hearing from you.
chieflawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote