View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 03:38 AM   #1
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
First Warranty Experience

Purchased our unit in Tampa, FL. Currently, for part of the summer we are camped in Illinois. There is a Montana dealer 1/2 mile from our summer CG. They are Four Winns RV and I had talked with them before about issues with my Montana and they weren't too excited about working on it because I didn't buy it from them. I finally got an appointment to take it in for (1) water pump won't shut off (2) broken rear exit window arm (3) frig shuts off sometimes while traveling on propane. The result of my warranty visit was (1) leak in water line between fresh water tank and pump, water pump is fine (2) replacement window arm not in stock (3) can't examine frig and/or propane output unless it stops running while at their facility. So it took us an hour to break down our camp site, 5 minutes to pull Montana to their facility, 90 minutes in the lot, and another hour getting set back up at our CG, and none of our three issues were resolved.

I am really hoping that while we are at the Goshen rally we can have a tech address some of these issues. I know I won't be going back to Four Winns.