View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 02:00 PM   #3
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Artemus Gordon

We camped at Shasta Lake this weekend. Northern Ca has seen no rain and 78 degree days for weeks. I needed to get out and enjoy the outdoors, perhaps sit by a camp fire at night, you know to take the 65 degree chill off! *We packed the fridge, *and ventured deep into the wilds of the Shasta National Forrest! *A total of nearly 9 miles from our home we traveled! *On Saturday afternoon, *I decided to see what had accumulated in my RV basements. *Oh my gosh, I found treasures, trinkets, gadgets, beyond my wildest dreams. *Like a child going through his toy box, I explored at a furious pace, checking out one thing after another! *Most items still in the package, sometimes the shopping bag! * *I remember this, when did I buy that? *Oh, that's where I put that? *Batteries of every shape and size, *flash lights purchased at check out aisles, (one could never have enough cool LED flash lights)? *Sewer hoses in the box "spares" in case of sewer hose failure! *Camping fire pit, in the box, *I swear I did not buy. *Oh and even a cool tool set I got for Christmas one year. *I can't tell you, how many times I looked for it! *Not to mention all the duplicate things I purchase for the Montana, forgetting I owned it already. *Extra BBQ I purchased on sale, an electric table waterfall, I purchased to add to my outdoor experience. Screws, water hoses, calking, sealants, assorted clamps, plumbing components, replacement bulbs, tarps.... *Last, enough duct tape in various colors, to secure an entire "slide" in place after a tornado disaster. *Yes, *it was very cathartic exercise for me. The problem was my, DW found absolutely no pleasure, *in my "boy like wonderment and delight"! *No she was disturbed by the things I found. *Phrases like, "you need to make an inventory", "I am canceling your Amazon Prime account" came flowing freely.... *So that's what you do with your money? *Oh well, I look at it this way, when somebody at a campground needs "quick release 3/4 brass" water hose fittings, glue that can support 10,000 lbs, or a left handed chrome "Svensen valve" I can come to the rescue.

Excuse typos ... Using my phone to post !
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote