Thread: On Line Glasses
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 04:42 AM   #1
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
On Line Glasses

I wanted a spare set of glasses "just in case". My existing spares were older prescriptions so when I used them it took awhile for my peepers to adjust. After a lot of checking on the 2 for 1 deals Louise convinced me that I only needed 1 spare set. Fast forward to Glasses USA.

You would think by the name that the product was made in the USA, how about Israel. Which is not bad except the shipment took about 3 weeks with Glasses blaming DHL and visa versa.

Now the glasses arrive and look good but NOT. They are too tight, the nose pad made a sore on my "beak" and my vision is out of focus at about 2'. If these had been a new script I would accept the fact that it would take awhile for my eyes to adjust but these are "spares". After a lot of communication back and forth they advised me to take them to another eye glass facility to confirm the prescription was correct. I told them to...........However Louise had an appointment at an eye Dr. so I brought the glasses along.

The prescription was "within tolerance" whatever that means, but there was a gap between the top of both lenses and the frames. He adjusted as best he could but there was very little change. With that I ordered glasses from him at a few dollars more the Glasses USA. I will have them in a few days not a few weeks. I have filed a complaint with Paypal who have already contacted Glasses USA for a refund. Now I get to wait some more.
c214dick is offline   Reply With Quote