Thread: Skunked again
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 04:18 AM   #1
Allen in MT
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7615
Skunked again

I heard all the ruckus soon after I let the dog out this morning, I jumped up from the chair and out the back door. As soon as I hit the lawn I saw the green fog in the mist of the porch light and then it hit me. The green cloud of skunk spray, Dusty was carring on and foaming at the mouth, must have been a direct hit. She charged again and with a quick bite the skunk was in the air, had skunk fur hanging from her mouth. I tried to intervein and got the back gate open for an escape route for the skunk. Didn't have time to get the gun and it was to early to shoot to dark and houses all around me. In the mean time I find a 8' pole and try to herd the skunk the way of the open gate. The dog is in for another take or shot and the skunk gets rolled again. I see a big rip right around the butt hole on the skunk and it was hurting. darn dog wouldn't let up. I couldn't breath and the cup of coffee and poppy seed muffin I had just finished didn't taste good right now. Neighbors must have thought something terrible had happened as I was fighting the skunk with the long stick and was using a flashlight that was shining in every direction at the same time and hollering for Dusty to stop. Finally the skunk just laid there and I rolled him out into the alley with the pole and closed the gate. So much for my skunk proofing the yard. Gonna have to re check the fence line
Must have stepped in some spray cause I walked thru the house and now it is quit purfume inside also. Well off to the store for rubber gloves, liquid dish soap, quart of Hydrogen peroxide and baking soda, a good mixture for removing the oder from the dog. Got her washed up decent I think, will let her dry and take another sniff. She is outside whining and wants to come in but think she will spend the day out. Don't know where the skunk went, but it was tore up some. One would think that they would learn as this was the 3rd time she laid into a skunk. Don't think she got bit as I looked for puncture marks.

Allen in MT is offline   Reply With Quote