Thread: insurance cost
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 02:23 PM   #8
Sky
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9806
I had the GMAC from Good Sam. I finally had to use them to replace an awning the got nailed by a low tree limb while making a turn. At first the female agent was
nice and stated she was up on awnings and knew all about them. I brought the unit to my dealer and right from the start they had problems with her. Then she started claiming I was trying to upgrade the awning for a better one. My dealer stated this was not true and I just wanted the awning replaced with the same type
that was damaged. Well she continued saying she wasn't going to pay for an upgrade. It got to the point I felt she was calling me a liar and a thief. We discovered she was using a Montana Part List that was three years old. We finally got the correct amount, the awning was repaired and I dumped GMAC. They never asked why we dumped them but they constantly send us quotes to rejoin. As a matter of fact while she was still arguing with my dealer about the price, I received a check via US Mail from GMAC for the full amount and she was still saying she wasn't going to send the check. I guess what I'm trying to say is - sometimes it's more important how you are treated by a
company and if you have to pay a little extra then it's worth it.
Sky is offline   Reply With Quote