View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 04:10 AM   #19
pammer
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #18641
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 1retired06

I would walk away from the rig and the dealer. Stress cracks and you have not completed the purchase? Walk away. Other dealers, other rigs.
The small stress cracks have been repaired (or so they say) and documented in case they get worse. Hubs didn't seem too concerned about that. We have, however, talked about backing out of the deal but we made the mistake of putting our new Goodyear tires on it already (trying to save some time) and traded in their crappy tires in the process. So......we are kind of locked in now I think. We haven't done our walk through yet, that will happen when we return from this trip. We will see the repairs made on the stress cracks then and see what else needs fixin! We hope all goes well. We really do like this unit.

These rigs are all made by humans and humans make mistakes, but....I think the factory personnel should be held accountable for their work and it doesn't appear that they are. I also think that when inventory arrives at a dealer they should be inspected at the time of arrival. That would cut down on some of the issues that arise when the unit is purchased. Just my 2 cents.

Gene and Pam
pammer is offline   Reply With Quote