View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 01:48 PM   #59
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

You have made a wised choice Phil in not going with a Thor product.
Keep the forum advised on the product you decide to purchase and the problems you will not have.
Hello ricjfaa

You see I didn’t purchase the Montana because of price. I was on the verge of writing a check for a Class A diesel pusher when my wife looked at one of the Montana’s. I agreed with her that the 5th wheel had more room than a Class A. Then on top of that as the holder of a Cass A CDL with a passenger endorsement I have drive both buses and semi trucks. I prefer the semi over the buss.

I wanted a complete trailer that was usable not a do-it-your-self kit. Unfortunately I let my guard down because of a long social relationship with the sales person, who will no longer talk to me. If he was hard up for money I would have gladly given him a few thousand rather that have him hang me with what he said was a “top of the line” trailer.

Unfortunately I got a do-it-your- self kit from a dealer that did not have a service facility that could finish it. Then withheld information and in some cases lied to keystone about the condition of this unit. Then on top of that it took me 6 months of their butchery for me to finally see their incompetence when their electrician came to the trailer to work on the monitor system and did not have a VOM and then when I loaned him one I had to teach him how to use it.

That’s when I tried to get keystone to give me the name of a dealer that had a good service department.

They refused to do that and belittled me when I made the statement that this dealer had damaged the side of the trailer just changing a tire.

Then when I offered to bring the trailer to them so they could see firsthand what kind of mess I had I was told I would not be allowed in their facility with that trailer. This was a fellow named Mat.

Then when I did take it still in the first year to a Camping World that was a Keystone dealer Keystone refused to pay for the repairs to the Monitor system.

For those of you that have not had these kinds of problem you were lucky to get a good dealer with a good service facility.

For those of you that are having similar problems beware Keystone will back a high volume sales dealer regardless of how many reports or pictures like the ones you see me post you provide to them. Get everything possible in writing. You will need it.

Keystone is a sales oriented company not a service oriented company.

Phil P
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote