View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 11:28 AM   #13
WhiteWolf20

M.O.C. #23620
re: 3701 weights

Dion & Julie, yes, we double and triple checked. This is one of the few Montanas with the lighter pin weight (probably because of the heavier kitchen in the rear). I wasn't buying a new truck (again) because of buying a rig bigger than the T.V. was capable of.

We took the recommended calculations of GVWR minus curb weight (includes passengers, crap in the truck, hitch) which leaves the pin weight that remains within the safe limit of the tow vehicle GVWR. The pin on ours is 2510.

It is also under the GCVWR if rig is fully loaded at 16400. That would mean you have almost 3k of "stuff" loaded in it.

Contacted Ford engineering, they confirmed we're good (and stated the GVWR is understated by some...)

Now, if we load that garage with all kinds of stuff, that will affect it. The only way you could know you are still good is to do the separate weigh ins at the scales.

I hope we all are right! I know we've done more calculating than 70% of what is going down the road based on what we see!

I cave a calculator I found that you can enter your vehicle info, hitch and rig weights and pin weights and it calculates and let's you know if you are in the safe parameters. Called GVWR-and-Payload- Calc. http://www.brandonreid.github.io/tru...ity/index.html
WhiteWolf20 is offline   Reply With Quote