View Single Post
Old 11-26-2018, 09:24 AM   #1
Dsull
Established Member

M.O.C. #23083
Talking After much searching bought a 2000 2850rk

Hello from southern Utah! Super stoked that I found a dedicated forum for these. I like having access to people with specific knowledge and love sharing my own.

After much searching I bought me a nice Montana 2850rk last week. Although my family has owned a few 5vers when I was young, this is my first. We've transitioned out of lake activities, and we've all bought trailers. My parents and brother bought new, but I'm a cheap bastard. I love the floor plan of this trailer. With me, my wife, my two kids and two large dogs, we were out for 4 days and never felt cramped. I've found I have more storage than my brothers new voltage. Granted he has double the water capacity.

Structure and interior are good, all doors, cabinets, and drawers work perfectly. The slide outs work without issue. The only issues i'm dealing with is that the fridge is still deciding if it is alive or dead, and I have a leak from the kitchen sink to galley tank. Also needs an awning and a good buff and wax but those not necessary.

I'll probably be posting some questions if I can't find the answers on the forum. I'm also a diesel/heavy equipment mechanic in a former life, and will try and help where I can on that end.

Thanks for this awesome forum.

Dsull is offline   Reply With Quote