Thread: Terrorism
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2015, 02:50 PM   #60
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
Thanks levi, I am very happy with my tow vehicle although I have been a Ford man most of my life, hard to go wrong with any of the Big three today.

Having lived in Quebec with Renee Levesque as leader you will be well aware that had he gotten his way along with many other separatists, Quebec would no longer be a part of Canada and our nation would be divided, today I think there is very little possibility of that ever happening, thankfully.

With all the commonalities of our nations and peoples we do differ in perspective on some issues, this does not mean one is right and the other is wrong, just simply different perspectives and laws.

Comparatively Canada has so far suffered little from terrorist activity, that does not mean it cannot or will not happen or that attempts have not already been made, they have and we must be ever vigilant and aware.

There is lots of controversy here in Canada with respect to allowing thousands of refugees into our country from a part of the world torn apart by terrorists of one ilk or another, what I try to remember is we were all immigrants with the exception of First Nations Peoples and we have always opened our doors and welcomed as many refugees as possible. I hope we can continue to do that and still maintain the secure integrity of our countries.

Division and infighting is as destructive as the killing of our citizens, the terrorists know this, so it must be with caution and mutual agreement that we enact laws, we must share information and intelligence to conquer this scourge that is upon us. Think carefully for what you ask, it may in the end not be what you want.

Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote