View Single Post
Old 07-22-2014, 04:51 AM   #4
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
We've been going there for the last 7-8 years [Mission] and know a lot of folks there, both permanent and winter Texans, and I've only heard of a couple of incidents in our area affecting winter Texans, a couple of trucks stolen and a few vehicle breakins at parking lots. It's a highly populated area with the associated problems plus the large number of illegals, who have never been a problem in our area although we have them come into the Village every year, and the drug running, which is everywhere on the border. Taking precautions normal for living in any populated area should preclude most any problems. Concerned about the violence, shootings, drugs etc., in Mexico? Simple, don't go there! Our stick house is in a rural setting with a small town of 3000+ and we have drugs, illegals, breakins, and violence also, just to a lesser degree. Besides, you can say the same about any highly populated area containing an attraction for visitors. And to myself, Old Turbo say's he doesn't feel safe down south so he's not going, which is as it should be!!! I don't go some places for the same reason.
Countryfolks is offline   Reply With Quote