Thread: Gestapo?
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 03:07 AM   #18
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Well, this seems to be going off on a bit of a tangent. I do not see where there was any attempt to shut down the discussion because it was about guns. Not at all. It looks to me like it was stopped because of a particular post going off the deep end.

Vicki and I have been around this forum for many years. We've had our hands slapped by the administrators a couple of times. We've been told to back off. Yet we persist in this forum. And we do so because it is probably the most civil forum of its type available anywhere. And it's that way for a reason... because the administrators work hard to keep this forum within the boundaries of the mission statement. If anyone is unaware of that mission statement, it's near the top of the topics list.

Those of us who have been around here for a long time are aware of other topics being shut down, and some were very obviously rv-related without question. They got shut down because the discussions lost their civility or because certain people started slamming the opinions of others or whatever.

I'm sure many here will disagree with me and that's fine. My opinion is that I think the administrators do a good job of keeping this from becoming a blast-each-other fest like so many other forums. When we signed up for this forum we agreed to the mission statement. If we don't like it, we're free to leave. So my thoughts are that I like this forum as it is, even when I don't agree with administration. If I decide I can't live with that, I have the right to leave. And so do you.

Again, I don't see that the topic was shut down because of guns. We've had gun topics here before. It was because some members couldn't be civil to those with differing opinions. I don't own this forum but after being here for nine years (since the fourth day this forum existed),and I still think it's the best forum of its kind available anywhere and I thank the administrators for keeping it that way.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote