Thread: Gestapo?
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 11:50 PM   #14
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
I offer this information not as an excuse, but purely as information.

In the gun community, there exists the belief there are three types of people: Sheep, Sheep Dogs and Wolves. This was never meant to be derogatory in any way shape or form. Sheep refers to the average person who goes about life never suspecting or perhaps ignoring the dangers that exist, especially in today's society. Wolves represent said dangers. Wolves can consist of hardened criminals, crackheads, gangbangers, or the mentally deranged: in other words any one who could (and often do) hurt sheep (people). Sheep dog refers most often to police or military, which is to say those people who look after the flock and protect it against the wolves. However many non-law enforcement people also call themselves sheep dogs in the belief that they too will do whatever necessary to protect themselves and others against the wolves.

Personally, I look at myself as a sheep - with guns. I will do whatever I need to do to protect myself or my family, but I'm not here to protect society, nor am I here to get in your face about gun rights. In this respect, my firearms are nothing more than the spare tire on my truck, or the insurance on my vehicles: in other words tools I hope I never need to use.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote