View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 09:32 AM   #19
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CmdrDewey

I don't mean to confuse you with facts but: Thor doesn't build an RV and never has. They are a holding company and they own companies that build RVs and buses but they don't build them. The companies are expected to perform or there are changes but other than that they are left alone. Thor also owns the company that builds CrossRoads RV. Last time I looked CrossRoads was pretty well thought of.

On the issue of quality control-do a little research. On the consumer affairs web site I found in a brief search, recalls for Subaru, Toyota and Nissan. I also found Honda on the government site. Recently AOL ran an article on the top ten most recalled cars of either 2006 or 2007 and if memory serves, Honda and Toyota had four of the top ten. One of the Toyota recalls was for a severe fuel leakage issue in the Lexus.

Bottom line-neither price nor brand is a guarantee of quality. You do your research buy your product and take your chances. I am convinced that the consumer is the most important component of the solution for the inevitable problems.

YMMD

Not confused at all. Direct copy and paste from the Thor Industries website; [Thor Industries is the world's largest manufacturer of recreation vehicles and a major builder of commercial buses, and has been driving for excellence since its founding in 1980.] I guess General Motors is not responsible for the manufacture of Cadillac if your line of thinking is correct.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote