View Single Post
Old 04-26-2020, 10:11 AM   #30
PeteandJoan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17905
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRod View Post
Let's talk about it. It something we all have to face.

First, let me make my values clear. It's my opinion, that we (USA) have not only an obligation, but a duty, to care for the sick, the elderly, the handicapped, and in general, those who can not otherwise take care of themselves (in the USA). That doesn't imply a free ride for those who would think otherwise. I hold a hardline against fraud and malingerers.

I would like to solicit others opinions at what obligations and duties do we have to try to extend the life of people that would otherwise have mother nature take their life.

I am not talking about premature death, like car accidents, death row inmates, or brutal murders. I am talking about age and sickness.

It is my opinion, that everyone is entitled to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. I also believe everyone should be allowed to die, as mother nature dictates, with dignity and respect.

Does the entitlement to life come at the liberties of others? I don't think it does, but that's why I pose the question. Where does the moral obligation to allow mother nature's course to happen? Do others have a duty to extend your life, if mother nature is calling and there is no known cure, treatment or procedure for what ails you? At what point do you stop chest compressions?

Certainly there are some doctors amongst us that have had to wrestle with this delemma? What about any legal eagles amongst us with case law studies?

Certainly this forum is filled with many that are about to or have faced death of a loved one.

Share your thoughts.
McRod, I apologize for the crumby off topic post that I made about batteries, it was childish and I own up to it and will never do that again. Your subject actually struck home to me as I have been there done that with parents and a brother and my wife's parents also. So, I guess I just wanted to avoid the subject and used an inconsiderate way to do so. You just keep on posting as you please and I'll try to act a little more grown up keep my big mouth shut.
Again, I apologize sincerely.
6-pt Hydraulic leveling
PeteandJoan is offline   Reply With Quote