Thread: TRASH
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2019, 12:06 PM   #31
Theunz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18384
I don't think that kids today are any less environmentally responsible than we or our parents were when we were young. In fact I think that they are more environmentally responsible, if for no other reason than its a much more talked about issue now than ever before. There is so many more people today than there was 50 or 75 years ago that even if the percentage of people littering is smaller the total amount of litter is larger. Think about it, when we were young we didn't have as much to litter with. There wasn't a convinince store on every corner to buy a snack in a wrapper or a coke in a paper or styrofoam cup with a lid and a straw. Not to mention that we have much more disposable income today to indulge in such. Liquids came in bottles, not because of the environment, but because waxed cardboard and plastic containers weren't available. Today nearly everything we buy is disposable including some high ticket items that shouldn't be. If young kids today are littering than its because some of our generation didn't leave a big enough impression on our children so that they would follow suite with their own. With the population expanding every second, we need now more than ever to get a handle on this delema!