Thread: TRASH
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2019, 10:15 AM   #30
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Maybe I am crazy but the issue with trash on the ground seems to be just another symptom of how kids are raised today in general.

Gone are the days when kids were taught to respect others, have good manners and just in general be good citizens. Many in this nation have decided that the core values that have always driven us to be better are now somehow wrong.

I don't think that observation is any more political than any of the rest of the posts in this thread. Its just a fact that society has changed and there are consequences.

I was taught from day one to pick up after myself and I am hard on my own kids and now grandkids about the same thing. I teach them that dropping a candy wrapper on the ground is not just messy but a sign of disrespect for other people! But sadly when I suggest that other people should be teaching their kids the same lesson somehow I am portrayed as a villain? Sorry folks sometimes leading by example doesn't cut it! I think shaming folks is necessary on occasion and I for one am not shy to do so.
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys