View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 02:27 AM   #1
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
First Florida Luncheon

For those of you that are already in Florida, Bill and I have been planning our first luncheon.

We were trying to get Perkins in Lady Lake (The Villages) to meet but Perkins will not reserve space except in off hours such as from 2-PM so we checked out Applebee's which is just a couple of blocks further. The date we wanted was November 11th. Applebees will be glad to have us but the date we picked also happen to be Veteran's Day. Now that is good and bad. The good news is that any Veteran can eat free at Applebee's on that day. Just bring some proof of service (even a picture of you in uniform or your old hat works). Bill will be bringing his discharge papers and I'm sure all you younger ones have a card that I think they issue now.

The bad news is that Applebee's will be VERY busy that day. In order to pull this off for us, we will need:

1: An accurate account of who is coming
2: We will need to be there by 11:30 AM

Applebee's opens at 11:00am and Bill and I will be there when they open and save places for the rest.

Applebee's is on the West side of Hwy. 27 in Lady Lake. If you are coming North from the Orlando area you will first pass Home Depot on the East side and another couple of blocks you will see the big flag at Perkin's on the opposite side of the street. Applebee's is not too much further North than Perkin's.

The Villages is a fun place to be so you might want to plan on making a day of it.

We look forward to seeing our Florida friends again. Let us hear from you ASAP.

Where: Applebee's Restaurant Lady Lake (The Villages) Florida
When: Wednesday November 11
Time: 11:30 AM

Bill and Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote