View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 09:45 PM   #4
DmaxDually
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14092
[QUOTE=RMcNeal;1183858]I have the 2 marker cameras, left and right clearance lights, and the rear observation. Oddly, even Furrion must think the side cameras aren't very useful as the monitor won't stay on them. It keeps going back to the rear after a few seconds.

You use to be able to keep/view all 4 camera on the display all the time plus had the split screen option also. But Furrion changed the software in their displays a couple of years ago. The new software doesn't allow you to keep all camera view or split screen view on the display all the time. It reverts back to one camera view.

Unknown to me I purchased my system around the time when they were in the process of switching over to the new software. I watched a lot of YouTube videos about the Furrion system before I purchased it. All the videos showed the different views you could select from the menu. So I purchased 4 cameras and the 7" display. I got 2 side marker cameras and 2 of the rear observation blade cameras. One I mounted on the back and the other I plan on mounting on the front cap.

I purchased the system to also use it as a security camera system when I am parked at the camp site. The side marker cameras come in handy for that reason. I can monitor both sides of the camper plus the back and eventually the front when I install the camera. For that reason I didn't wire it to the marker lights. I wired it to the RV batteries thru a fuse and I installed a switch so I can turn the cameras on/off as needed.

Getting back to the display software. After I installed my system and powered it up for the first time is when I found out that I could not keep the multi camera or split screen view on the monitor. It would revert back to a single camera view.
I thought I had a bad display so I called up Furrion. That is when I found out about the software change. I was pissed when they told me but luckily they were still in the process of switching over to the new software and they still had some displays with the old software in stock . So I was able to send my display back to Furrion and they it swapped out for one with the old software. So I am able to keep the different views on my display all the time...