Thread: Suspensions
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2020, 12:00 PM   #49
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
Originally Posted by richfaa View Post
We installed the IS on both our 5th wheels. We have been high end users over the years doing thousands of miles each year If we were weekend RV ers or low end users we would not spend that kind of money on the IS.

As said ,no doubt about IS. I just got back a few days ago from a 5 day hunting trip . Here's an example of the bad road I was on ,is was 22 miles of washboard . I have a leaf spring suspension . I have the six point level up, but have added at the very rear some manual screw down stabilizer jacks , welded a plate to the receiver hitch plates on each end, that are bolted to the frame , and bolted the jacks on that added plate. When I got home one of those jacks ,and screwed itself partially down ,never had that happen before ,I always put a bit pressure on them to make sure they are tight . That suspension took more punishment in those 22 miles ,then most do on thousands of miles of pavement.

I am firm believer that suspension upgrades work, no need for thousands of dollars worth of suspension. . As they say the proof is in the pudding
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote