Thread: Level Up Pads
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 06:25 PM   #9
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
Agree with statement above about ground being capable of supporting the trailer. This summer, I stayed at a KOA that recently installed new "gravel pull through sites"! I nearly buried my dually, and Montana when I pulled into my spot. I had to use four wheel drive to escape, I then asked for new spot. Later that evening, I was asked to pull out another camper that got stuck in his site. He unhooked and deployed leveling system on yellow pads. To add to problem, the sites sloped to the right. His SOB Trailer could not level itself and landing gear ended up sinking nearly a foot. I was asked to help tow fiver, and his single rear drive truck out using my 4x4 ! I ended up placing his level system in manual mode, to even get all the back gear up. Error messages etc. In this case he had put pads under back four feet. The trailer actually "Skated sideways" on the wider foot prints, sinking deeper into gravel. Therefore, I believe pads can be used, but if ground too soft, or soft and un level, you better consider moving ! Yes unusual circumstances, but I have heard of "movement of leveling feet" when placed on pads ! Perhaps caused by our mini earthquakes? Lol
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote