View Single Post
Old 03-10-2022, 04:57 PM   #24
Hit The Road
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #27454
Ron ( Rames14) might be using me as the person having a problem finding a CALIFORNIA LEGAL honda EU2200I generator, and for those dismissing his statement, you might be right, but find me a EU2200I california legal generator, please. Unless my google fu is bad, they aren't available, and verified by all the Honda sales companies within 100 miles of me plus online searches. One nearby dealer had told me Honda is pulling out of the California market due to CARB laws. And I asked to email me when one is in stock, doubt he'd make that up vs making a sale when they might show up.

I was told directly by Honda, about a week after calling the local Honda dealers, that they got 200 california units in the USA. I found one at Camping world and ordered it, the next day Sportsmans Warehouse had them, I put it in my cart and the next day they AND camping world sold out!

3 days ago I went to my local ( stockton) Honda-Yamaha motors dealer ( on the way home from getting propane), and asked where their generators were as they were not on the floor. Guy said he has a few California generators in the back on a pallet and Honda contacted them and said to not sell them. They said they would send a truck to come get them soon. He inquired why as he had a list of folks on a wait list, they told him ( or actually he told me) that Honda messed up and got caught, labeling non -ca smog ok units and selling them as CARB COMPLIANT, while they were not . I located Plenty of 49 state models online, Nobody would ship to California, some even online carts refused to complete the order due to my location!

Not sure if the dealer was correct, but it doesn't surprise me. I've been on an "email when available" for a honda water pump for 3 months, based on the first reports of the above law their interpretation was generators and pumps will be restricted, and I am going to order a pump and fire it up ( to make sure it doesn't have COVID ASSEMBLY and probably store it, or resell it after the law changes, lol.

No argument, just facts.

We just bought a Honda 2200, my co-worker also just purchased one. 🤷🏼*♂️ We also purchased ours because of the power outages. I see them at Lowes and HD? Don't know what to tell you!
Hit The Road is offline   Reply With Quote