View Single Post
Old 01-23-2022, 03:12 PM   #15
Pathfinder75
Established Member

M.O.C. #19500
Welcome Robokatz.
Answers above all sound good by my experience so I will try to respond from a different angle.
I Have A 2017 F350 8ft CC 4wd SWD 6.7L.
So it is little higher than yours by maybe 2" bed and tires 33.2" to your 31.5" maybe almost 1" radias more so a 3" gain.

BW Companion hitch I have full height so have like 5.75" bed clearance and trailer nose high but not bad just more than I prefer.
Did have head mounted forward originally (No cab issues) but with tailgate down and truck at an angle the risk of tailgate corner meeting trailer limited angle hookup (RISKY BACKUP IF I failed to watch out). I changed head mount toward rear which helped and reduced this hazard now when hook up is not a straight back alignment (still need to watch if at any angle). This is usually only a factor in shorter camp sites or if obstacles are present.

Of course the pin box on trailer is also adjustable. My Morryde came mounted in lowest position so as low as the factory Moryde goes. Your 2022 I expect will be a Roadarmor ponbox. So I expect its dimension to vary from mine. Different pin box models can vary in length and drop.
WIth you planned rental trailer for practice (good idea) plan that you will need to adjust the BW for it and again for your 2022.
I would suggest starting with hitch adjusted back (for best angle tailgate down hookup) and high will most likely be wrong to start but error high for safety.

Not really that hard to adjust the hitch bolt high. Easier to adjust tolerances closer after first hookup. Rather than to be close and risk a scrape while testing the fit.

Your waiting for your trailer build and have your truck. That is good. My 2017 truck was 3 month late from new order schedule so had brother bring my trailer home and waited for truck to arrive.

Wish you great experiences with this New Adventure you two are going to start.

If photos attached, intend for reference. Hitch still forward in these. Wish I had one with tailgate at angled hookup. The tree photo is me sizing up driveway modifications. RV shed worked fine for Class.C motorhome two trees had to be removed to permit truck to put trailer in or out. (Had been using forklift but wanted to eliminate that.)

2017 Montana HC 353RL - Sailun S637's, Progressive EMS-HW50C
2017 Ford F350 Lariat CC 6.7L SRW LB, B&W Companion OEM puck mt.
Pathfinder75 is offline   Reply With Quote