View Single Post
Old 01-10-2022, 06:08 PM   #12
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellplayedsir View Post
I can't seem to get 120 volts into they rv from the 50 amp plug the power is there but it is just not powering they rv, they inverter is not trippped. that is what Montana told me
even they ac's have to be reset I don't where to look for those either

Dean
I am confused as to the symptoms you describe.

When you say the "power is there", where is there? Is that at the power pole, the Surge Protector, the ATS or the Power Distribution panel (aka circuit breaker panel)?

You wrote "the light is off now on the surge protector". Is this light on the display on the panel inside the coach? You imply you are still looking for the location of the surge protector.

The writing "they inverter is not trippped. that is what Montana told me
even they ac's have to be reset" doesn't make sense. You have an inverter to power the residential refer. It has no relation to the "ac's" (air conditioners I assume). If "ac's" is meant as Alternating Current, yes 120V AC powers air conditioners but they don't need to be reset if power is lost.

You started this Thread with a statement "I plugged into the grid for the first time today". Really, this was the first time ever? Had you just run on a generator before? That would lend credence to the ATS failure conjecture.

Not having you year unit, I am going on what other owners of this year have said. Your Surge Guard is really just an Automatic Transfer Switch (ATS). They are known to be a POS.

At this point, ensure you have power at the shore power pole. I bet you do.

Next find the actual Surge Guard/ATS (not the display on the monitor panel). I believe you need to removes the back panel on the door side of the pass through compartment. There are only six screws holding it in. The use a Volt Ohm Meter to measure the current coming in and out. There are a number of recent Threads on this very subject. Dollars to donuts, the ATS is stuck on generator input. If you are comfortable with 120V electricity, you can unstick it. If you are not comfortable, leave it alone and get an electrician. Even if you untick it, it likely will occur again. Get Montana ot replace it under warranty or do it yourself.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote