View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 01:55 PM   #8
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Good points, I actually filed a complaint against the officer, naming his badge number and his name. I contacted the (Vice) Mayor.. as she was also on the board of the Chamber of Commerce. She contacted the Chief of Police there, he was super nice, and that is to his credit. BUT he cleared the officer after an investigation, as it was my word
against his. He called the ticket a 'Good' ticket. So, he was as ill-informed as the officer, so that may be the problem, if it were me, I would have done more of an in-depth check on the actual law. Which the Chief and the officer were not right on. I made 2 calls, and after a total of 15 minutes, cleared the ticket as bad. The Police would have better, and easier channels to go through to get the info on the law. 5 minutes?
Without a Lawyer at consult, I figured the Letter to the editor was the safest way to go. Did not want to have to defend the letter in court.
One has to expect the officer's attitude reflects the local government.
Not the business' there..
But they should pay for the Police's actions. This is the only pressure we can apply to the city.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote