View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 07:38 AM   #1
moutard2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10948
CAMPING WORLD - Buyer Beware!

I'd like to be able to say that I "always" compare prices before rushing out and making a purchase. I can't say that however because yesterday I got caught up in the moment and assuming that I'd at least get a "fair" price, I pulled out the wallet and laid down the card. The cashier proudly showed me on the bill that I'd saved $17.00! Terrific! I'd decided to augment my saniflush with a Flush King reverse flush valve. Camping World sold me one for $49.99 and on the bill indicates that the regular price is $66.99. WOW ... I saved $17.00 with my Good Sam membership ... or did I?
When I got home I decided to check on-line for the same product. After-the-fact does count sometimes doesn't it? Amazon has a new one for $25.30 with free shipping. Other retailers were priced from $32.91 to $36.80. Some guy on eBay had one for $42. with free shipping.

If this were the first time I'd been stung by Camping World's pricing or if I hadn't driven 50 miles to get the part, maybe it wouldn't hurt as much but clearly they appear to have little respect for their customer. Let's hope it was a simple pricing error. "Caveat Emptor" was what some latin guy once said and it applies to purchases from Camping World IMHO.

moutard2 is offline   Reply With Quote