View Single Post
Old 06-30-2022, 02:08 PM   #1
Woodyswanch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13390
National Rally Arrival Procedure

Arrival procedures-all attendees please read
I was going to wait awhile to post this but we have so many coming in I thought it would be a good idea to be proactive.

The normal arrival times for the Rally will be from noon to 5 PM. There may be some exceptions and we'll do our best to get people in. There should be a phone number at the sign in area for the early and late arrivals. Please call this number and we will expedite a parking crew to come to your rescue.

The only big exception for arrivals will be on the seventh. Any and all people who have volunteered to help may come as early as they can on the seventh. But not before I've had my morning pot of coffee. This has the making of a real cluster fork so we need everyone to be patient. The "Parking Team" volunteers will have priority to enter and park. This will expedite other arrivals once we get our volunteers mustered.

Now what to look for. The only road that gets you to the fairground is CR 34 (East Monroe St). Most will come from the west, some from the east. We will use gate number 3 for entry. This will be the only gate with people/pennants/orange cones/whatever we can do to get your attention, unless Marcia wants to barricade gate two. When you get on CR 34, SLOW down, if you overshoot the entrance you just added some time and frustration to your day. DO NOT turn onto the gravel road west of gate three. It will ruin your day.

You will enter a large parking lot and turn (right) to head west. There is room for multiple rows of rigs. Just pull behind the one in the shortest line. We will try to get to everyone in the order they arrived. No guarantees, please be patient. Some will arrive to an empty parking lot, some won't. Timing is everything. We will also try to de conflict multiple rigs going to the same area.

There should be a canopy in the middle of the lot with several people lounging around on golf carts, drinking fruity drinks with little umbrellas and staring at their phones. This is where you will be signed in and given your own personal parking professionals (ppp). The ppp will guide you to your assigned campsite and assist you in parking. They are required to make sure you do not encroach on your neighbors site. All sites will be professionally marked with spray paint. Encroachment is punishable by requiring you to move your rig to be inside your area. This will be shown as a yellow card. The red card comes on the third try and requires a trip to the local liquor store. Believe me, you don't want to go there.

If you have questions on your water, electric or sewer, the ppp should be able to answer them. If not we will find someone who can.

That is pretty much it. Simple if the weather cooperates, the arrivals are spaced out, and we get enough helpers when we need them. The arrival times are to give the parking staff a chance to enjoy themselves. Staffing for the odd arrival late at night or early in the morning is actually quite boring. There will be a separate post in the volunteer thread to inform the volunteers what to do.

So happy trails and we are looking forward to meeting everyone in September. And yes, I did cut and paste this from last years rally with some minor edits.
Woodyswanch is offline   Reply With Quote