Thread: 2017 Superduty
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 08:54 PM   #45
Charli
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14048
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_TX View Post
Was at the Ford dealer this morning for an oil change, so I walked out to look at the new 2017 Superdutys. Could not believe how high the rear is. They have exceeded the point I could tow my trailer without putting a lift kit on it as I am already slightly nose high. They had 20" wheels, but so does my 2012 F350 SRW, and these trucks were much taller than mine. My Monte is a 2007, but I think this may be a problem for newer trailers also unless the new trailers are also getting taller.
Ok so this is bizzare. Took my 2011 F350 KR in for an oil change today and while I was waiting the salesman asked if I wanted to take a new super duty out for a ride. Great truck and was surprised at how much my truck would be worth as a trade. I parked my truck beside the 2017 and took out a tape measure. Truck bed is 2" higher than mine and bed rails at 60" is 3" higher than mine. Yes it's a 4x4 but hard to fine any thing but this far north.
I already tow pin high so unless I lift the trailer I would have real problems.
The unit I looked at didn't have the factory 5th wheel pucks but the dealer said he would install for me at no extra charge.
We'll see!
Charli is offline   Reply With Quote