View Single Post
Old 07-19-2020, 11:40 AM   #9
sourdough
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Man View Post
You are wise to recognize that journalists are not the source for information. They are indeed working with a political agenda.

Where we are in CA people mask up to enter stores when required. Otherwise 50/50 with distancing and masks. The Gov has basically shut down business with many that are gone for good. We have knowledge that many covid deaths are of those that were on hospice and or gravely ill already. Inmate cases are counted and used in part for reasoning to close businesses. Most thinking people see through the deception but will mask and distance to a degree.

This is a good observation. We have been in the FL panhandle since May 1. Will leave August 1 heading back to TX. What's it like here? BAU almost. Social distancing is pretty much followed, restaurants have spaced seating - if they're even open anymore, some use masks in stores; some do not. No waiting lines at the clinics etc. I don't know about the metro areas down south but figure the larger the population, the more dense, the higher the count will be for those that test positive; not particularly sick, just test positive. To shed some light on what you read vs reality here is an excerpt from my hometown newspaper with the local doctors (hospital director) comments on the situation back in TX:

"Dr. Key said the number of deaths (Covid) so far in Texas is about a fourth of the number of deaths in the state from flu in each of the past two years.

That, he said, should be taken into consideration when people weigh whether or not they should wear a mask in public."

This is from "boots on the ground", frontline medical providers that deal with the situation on a daily basis, not sensationalized media accounts with an agenda.

The above is posted to simply point out the disparity between what is printed by "non involved" media and those that actually deal with the situation. I'm sure the scenario might be different in a densely packed city....but I don't live there nor go to them. You asked how it was down here and there is a little bit different perspective.

As far as knowing anyone who has had Covid or died from it, we know - sort of. My wife has a good friend in MI (we winter side by side in FL) whose 94 year old mom tested positive (she was already in the hospital) then died. She already had lung disease so could have been the flu just as well.....
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote