Thread: Hey LEO's!
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 02:48 PM   #15
Sky
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9806
No HamRad,we are for real. We do things for a reason and those things are learned from past mistakes by other LEO's who paid the price. Things like how to park the patrol car at a stop depending on if it's a felony or not. Where to safely stop the car if possible, how to light the car up at night for the LEO's advantage. What to check for on the car - a broken window could mean a stolen vehicle, bullet holes could mean the vehicle's been in a serious crime, bumper stickers etc anything on the car could give an indiction that the operator uses drugs. Where to stand when talking with the operator while he sits in the car. What to look for when approaching the car - what are the operator and passengers doing while you approach the vehicle? Who is sitting where - how many in the car - their hands, where are their hands? Because I watched the hands of a man I saw him reaching for a pistol he had between his legs. Because I didn't like the way he was acting I suspected something and was able to get my weapon out before he did...He was bank robber from N.C. And only one thing mattered - I went home to my family that night. The bottom line is: people are out to kill cops and they think of more ways to do it every day. Do you realize that in certain areas of Ca. for someone to join some of the gangs they have to ambush and kill a cop before they are accepted in the club. I won't even mention those involved with drugs and what they think of the police. I hope you got a small idea what a cop does to survive and go home at night.
Sky is offline   Reply With Quote