Thread: Rear Kitchen
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2007, 04:28 AM   #10
rlrich
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5319
We have the 3650 and absolutely love the floorplan. Our previous home was a rear kitchen Cougar. We've never had any problems breaking things in either one. We have non skid stuff in all our cabinets and we try to keep all the heavier items in the lower cupboards.

We tow with the F-250/V10. I've run our rig across a scale and I am a bit overweight. I have added Firestone air bags for stability and also bought what I feel is the best tire I could purchase (Michelin LTX M/S). I also replaced the trailer tires with Michelin XPS ribs due to the problems I encountered with the Missions on the Cougar we owned. Some would say I'm crazy for towing this much trailer with this truck. I've made my living driving trucks for over 30 years and I fully understand that things such as weight, road conditions, visibility, speed, traffic, brake adjustment and following distances all need to be considered when towing. Always assess the surrounding conditions and drive accordingly.

This Montana pulls like a dream. It actually "feels" better behind me than our old Cougar did and the Cougar was 2 tons lighter. I think the Mor-Ryde suspension has alot to do with that but the overall balance and aerodynamics of the Montana are superior. We've lived in our Montana for nearly a year and have had very little trouble. Nothing major as of yet and a few minor things that I have taken care of myself. The reliability of the components seems to be good, it's just the haste in which they assemble these trailers that have caused my small problems. It was the same in our Cougar which is also a Keystone product.
rlrich is offline   Reply With Quote