Thread: Rear Kitchen
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 08:17 PM   #5
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Dan & June Welcome to the BEST forum that you will ever belong to. We have a 3650RK and just love it. As for falling dishes, that's what you'll have if you drive too fast and bounce all over the place. We are rookies too and have only 3 trips on our Monty. Two short trips(maiden voyages)and 7 day trip along the Oregon coast about 1500 miles. All freeway driving except west of Portland to the coast(hilly & curvy roads). We had no problem with things falling out of the rear kitchen cupboards. As Sue suggested you can velcro tie door handles and/or use drawer/shelf rubber lining to minimize items sliding around. The main thing is to get the unit you want, we did.

As for Tow Vehicle, I have a 2006 Chevy Silverado 3500(1 Ton) Duramax 6.1 Diesel. A lot of forum members say that you can "pull any Montana" with a 2500HD (3/4 Ton). Friends of mine told me to get the biggest TV you can get - like F450 or F550. After a lot of research, I felt comfortable getting my Chevy 3500. It handles very well and has more than adequate power for the Monty. Another thing to consider, is the ability to stop and control your Monty.
DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote