View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 08:56 PM   #6
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Anytime the POTUS visits anyplace you'd better be prepared to have your routine demolished. It simply is going to work that way. At one time members of the public could walk down the street with the President. They had no security guards so you could just go right up to them. But that was a long time ago. If people had not gotten rude and then dangerous then perhaps we still could. But that ain't never gonna happen. Our country is simply too polarized.

So we all suffer because of a few. Our trip to Yellowstone will have roads blocked and crowds rerouted. Stores may be closed. It goes on and on. So the best thing you can do in a situation like that is to stay holed up until it passes (and they usually do pass quickly) and then go about enjoying your vacation.

But even with the POTUS's great transportation system I don't see how they can spend any meaningful time in either Yellowstone or Grand Canyon! One weekend would not be nearly enough time. My goodness one needs weeks and weeks at each place just to touch the surface.

But I hope he gets out of the trip what he said he wanted. Somehow I think it will be different from when he made his trip. Even the President "Can't go home again". But we wish him the best. At least he's trying something a little different.

Travel safely,
HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote