View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 09:44 AM   #24
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by LonnieB

Every Ford F250 or F350 diesel we have bought over the last 10 years (approximately 25) came with a factory installed block heater. Look behind the grill on the drivers side, you should find the power cord coiled up and taped or zip tied to itself with a plastic cover over the plug.

I don't know that ALL of them have the heater, but the ones in our part of Texas do.
Lonnie, Ford puts in the block heater standard in certain states they deem to be needy of such heater. In other states it's an extra cost item. For both my 2003 and 2005 Ford diesel purchased in Kansas it was extra cost. In Missouri it's standard. Go figure. Like Missouri gets colder than Kansas? I think not.

In any case, all Ford 6.0L diesels (don't know about the 6.8 and 6.7) actually have a block heater installed. If you pay for the option, what you actually get is the plug in cord. For about $50 (in 2005, anyhow). And you can buy the cord from the parts counter at a Ford dealership, too.

So, my 2005 6.0 supposedly did not have the block heater because I did not get that option (bought off the lot). Here's a picture of the heater connection for the block heater it "doesn't have." For those who want to check theirs, it's on the lower block, passenger side. Turn the wheel all the way to the left, then crawl under and look.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote