View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 03:56 AM   #25
8e3k0
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9261
Sorry guys, I knew this would create a little competition, and I should have noted that these were in racing competions that are in the 500 plus horse power ratings and on race tracks up in our area. Up here in the north west we have some of the most extreme weather, plus some of the most challenging tests for the Super Duty trucks in the good old Oil Patch. These vehicles run 24 hours per day 365 1/4 days of the year, so any truck gets the true Super test, of mud, snow, rocks, tarsands (abrasive)and extreme weather fom -40 to +90 through the seasons. It is very interesting to watch what survives, what are common failures, and what are the popular models in various applications, let alone what modifications are needed to keep them running and performing. Also we must remember that a great majority of the new diesel trucks are chipped and modified in some way by the younger generation. This is not only engine mods, but all other items like, grills, lights, oversize wheels, tires, lift kits, etc. that could affect warranties and warranties must go on. Again it depends on your Dealer and their support for you as a customer. Their job is to sell and service vehicles to keep the manufactures of vehicles and parts in business now and in the future. i am off my soap box and again I will say: take your time, test drive all three, go back and do it again, get a number of opinions from actual owners in your area, before you make that plunge. It is a huge investnment so you ant to ensure that you can be prud and satisfied with you decision and purchase. Best of luck. Great discussion!!
8e3k0 is offline   Reply With Quote